Why do I love smoothies? They make a great breakfast or snack anytime of the day and can usually be made ahead of time.
This Nutrient-Dense Smoothie is filled with the right combination of healthy proteins, fats, fiber and carbs. It’ll help boost your immune system and give an energizing power-punch to your metabolism!
If you have a sweet tooth, I know you’ll love this recipe!
By storing them in a reusable drink bottle, you can have an on-the-go meal in minutes.
– 1/2 cup of raw milk (pasture-raised) or plain yogurt or homemade coconut milk
– 1 or more raw eggs (must be pasture-raised!) or whey protein (the best you can find)
– 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/2 avocado
– 1/4 cup of blueberries or 1 pack of unsweetened açai (optional)
– 5-10 raw nuts or a spoonful of raw nut butter (not roasted!) (optional)
– 1 tablespoon of chia or ground flax seeds (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (helps to keep your blood sugar stable)
– Stevia or Yacon syrup to sweeten
– Pinch of sea salt (very important if you are using raw eggs!)
Blend everything together, and enjoy! If you prefer to drink it warm, warm it up on very low heat, not too hot, not for too long! If it heats up too much you will destroy live enzymes and nutrients (and the egg will cook).